Tuesday

april 29, bogotá

This morning I went downtown with Catalina's mom Teresa. We took the bus, which was like the Smart Car of buses--short and tiny with not nearly enough legroom! It was a bumpy ride into the center of town. Bogotá is HUGE. Lots of it is the typical big-city sprawl--stop-and-go traffic, weaving around cars and motorcycles and bicycles and big buses and little buses through the chicken butcheries and the refrigerator district, for example. Downtown is pretty nice. La Candalaria is the name of the old part of town, and my favorite was the plaza in front of the cathedral, in front of the mountain.



I mostly followed Teresa around--I didn't know where I was going really. We went to a couple of museums--one of Botero, which is the Colombian artist who paints fat people. There was a statue of a big fat puffy bird that I liked, but I didn't get a picture--only this one of the fat Mona Lisa.



No comments:

Post a Comment